Sunday, September 22, 2013

Beauty Drops Vitamin E Beauty Oil

A quick post on something that I tried recently. I was looking around Greenhills, and chanced upon this product in one of those shops selling imported beauty products. When I got home, I looked it up in and saw good reviews in Make Up Alley.

In the States, you can get it for 99 cents, but the shops here are retailing it for P200 (over $4). Quite a mark up, but still not that bad, considering you only need a bit per application.

Beauty Drops Vitamin E Beauty Oil 

It's a 29.5 mL bottle of essential oils from Grapeseed and Saffllower, plus Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E).

Vitamin E is an antioxidant which promotes better capillary circulation and skin regeneration, giving it anti-aging and skin healing properties.  From the reviews online, the users claimed that Beauty Drops Vitamin E Beauty Oil gave them softer skin, lesser fine wrinkles, smoother complexion and diminished hyperpigmentation.

I used a small amount, warmed it in my palms and gently rubbed it all over my face, including my lids, undereye area and lips. It was pretty light, considering that it's pure oil, but it still felt a bit heavy on the face. Most of the stuff gets absorbed into the skin (or rubbed off on your pillow, if you're not careful), so it's barely noticeable when you wake up. In the morning, I was so happy with how soft and smooth my skin felt, and with continued use, my sun spots were gradually fading. My lips were so smooth without any flakiness, which happens to me a lot, even when I use lip balms generously. The dark circles and fine lines around my eyes were lessened too.

Why did I score it as a MISS then? A couple of days after, I noted that my pores were getting prominent, I began to developed white heads and black heads on my nose, and I got three stubborn pimples. IT CLOGS MY PORES. This is the danger of oils, not all of them, but I guess this particular preparation does that to me. I remember using sunflower oil on my face, and I broke out too.

When they are blocked, pores accumulate dirt and debris, making them appear bigger and darker. This also predisposes to acne, which is an inflammation and infection of oil glands on your face. I put quite a lot of products on my face, but I don't use new stuff all at the same time so I know which product is causing what problem. That's why I'm pretty sure the Beauty Drops is the culprit here.

I'll probably continue applying it on my lips and under my eyes, but other than that, the rest of my face is now off limits. I can also probably use it on my hair, but right now I'm using a serum on my hair that really works, so I really haven't tried it for that purpose.

This makes me really sad, because this stuff really works, and it's quite cheap too.

Have you tried this product? How did it work on you? I'd love to hear your story.

Thanks for reading this! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Mannequin's Vitamin E Oil is readily absorbed and helps keep the skin healthy, moisturized, nourished and radiant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using this product for 2months now. I'm applying it overnight on my face,neck, elbow and bikini area.,it's greasy in the beginning but it goes down to your skin and absorbed for an hour or so. This works really well for me,my skin feels smoother now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this product on my face in the morning right after I shower in place of a commercial moisturizer and haven't had any problems with it so far. Any new pimples I've gotten since using it are few and far between, and they clear up completely within a day or two. In my experience it's better to use on clean skin during the day instead of just before bed, when your skin is dirty and your face is in contact with a dirty pillowcase all night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use it as a cuticle oil. So much cheaper than real cuticle oils. My hands and cuticles looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My co-worker turned me on to this oil and in using it for a few months now my super dry skin due to all the stress I've had at work is starting to soften up which makes me happy. I use it all over my face, ears, neck, chest and put it in my lotion to soften the rest of my body. It really hydrates and makes my dry skin supple again! The only problem is I can't find it at my 99 cents store :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you.
    Muslim Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not see a expiration date as I bought it a year plus ago. I use it on my hands, arms and legs. Does great. But again how long should it be kept if not used everyday?

    ReplyDelete